What conditions can I treat?
As a Medical Herbalist I can prescribe herbal medicine to manage a wide variety of illnesses and symptoms, just as a GP would, such as;
- Cardiovascular conditions; use herbs and nutritional advice to manage high blood pressure, varicose veins, poor circulation, high cholesterol, heart conditions
- Chest conditions; such as bronchitis, emphysema, asthma, hay fever, chest infections, coughs colds and ‘flu. Herbal medicine and nutritional support can improve many of these conditions, work alongside, and reduce, the need for orthodox drugs.
- Digestive problems; such as constipation, diarrhea, IBS, indigestion, cholecystitis, acid reflux, peptic ulcers, haemorrhoids, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, flatulence, bloating and wind.
- Nervous conditions; herbal medicine works on the nervous system to help relieve stress, anxiety, palpitations, insomnia, depression, headaches, migraines. Dietary and lifestyle advice is also important.
- Lowered immunity; our immune systems are often compromised by diet stress and lifestyle. Herbal medicine can strengthen immune system, adrenal function and other systems to improve energy and resistance to infections.
- Tired all the time; herbal medicine and nutritional support can help use energy more efficiently and support and restore body systems (nervous, endocrine, digestive) to improve energy and vitality.
- Auto-immune conditions; herbal medicine and nutritional changes can often address the underlying causes of both inflammatory and immune responses which are involved in auto-immune conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, SLE, psoriasis.
- Allergies; by reducing the body’s allergic load and strengthening systems involved in the body’s response to allergens, herbal medicine can alleviating allergic symptoms and reducing dependence on orthodox medication.
- Urinary problems; by improving the health of the urinary system, long standing conditions such as cystitis, prostatitis, BPH, can be treated successfully.
- Skin conditions; by treating holistically especially all organs of elimination, skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, acne can respond well to herbal medicine.
- Hormonal conditions; balancing hormones with herbal medicine improves period pains, irregular periods, PMS, menopause and symptoms, polycystic ovarian syndrome, thrush, endometriosis and fibroids. The endocrine system also controls blood sugar, diabetes, thyroid disorders, which can also be balanced with herbal medicine..
* Joint problems; the anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties of herbs can improve conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, gout, osteoarthritis, painful and swollen joints and reduce dependence on prescription/OTC medication.
I am also trained to provide support during cancer treatment and am/have treated several patients. I can advise on changes to lifestyle, diet, supplements as well as herbal medicine which can help the body deal with cancer and conventional treatments such as radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
Herbalist in Southam